Friday, October 14, 2011

Studying like crazy

Boy, I'm studying my butt off with intermediate chemistry. My prof insists on blazing over subjects she already knows AMD assumes we will get it on our first exposure to it. It is rediculous and a trend I'm finding with many of the teachers at my little college. Students ate seen as migrant workers, in transition, paying a pittance for their education and the faculties sense of obligation towards learning is far removed after a few quarters teaching. They ate aloof, sometimes act like they are above teaching meanial subjects to we, first time students, sometimes very disconnected with the process of first exposure learning...it is a very jaded attitude. Sad to see.
  With state budget cuts, profs are overloaded and students get pinched. Students get the short end of the stick from what I've seen and experienced.
  Very different than what I experienced at an expensive 4 year university. Makes me want to jump right to med school and shake off this funky attitude that I have to tolerate on a daily basis.
  Financial aid has put me through Tue ringer and jump through red tape, by their own error while I'm running on fumes with barely any money to even drive to school. Not letting up.

No comments:

Post a Comment