Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Some Relief after 2 months

After two months of waiting and serious delays, my financial aid has finally come through!!
Fantastic!! I can stay in school until at least the end of the quarter and I have some functional money.
Now if I could only pass my chemistry exam tomorrow. Waiting so long for my money has taken its toll.

It was revealed last week by my instructor that my entire class of chemistry classmates have been irresponsibly prepared and improperly taught for her intermediate level college chemistry class. Our class average on our first exam was 50%, the other morning's classroom average on the same exam was much lower than ours at 30%. This is the lowest class average she has ever had. It made her head turn and we all complained about the severity of the content difficulty. She thought it was review for us and it SHOULD HAVE BEEN if we had been taught properly from our other prior professors. It turns out that in reality we weren't. We were not prepared at all. Mean time the jokes on us and we are all left in a lurch as students. I have never studied so hard for any subject, nor have most of my classmates. Most of us report that we are studying 40-60hrs full time per week. It is like learning a year of chemistry in one quarter alone. It is totally kicking our butts and really, really hard. The learning curve is straight up. Many of us are at complete exhaustion this past  week. Many of us have pulled 2-3 all nighters every week for the past 3 weeks straight just to keep up. We are physically burning out.

Personally, I have had 3 major issues all happening at the same time. A serious internal family problem to deal with, no financial aid and the learning curve of this class. I was at my breaking point last week and almost dropped out. I didn't even have money to put in my gas tank to come to school. My expenses were just simply not sustainable anymore. My plan B was to go to work and pay for one class at a time, but continue on the same medical track.

I finally got my financial aid check today, so one major problem has been resolved. Onward to solving the other two. Pulling another all-nighter tonight, maybe half a night is all I can handle, I often fall asleep at the table studying lately on all my papers strewn across the table. I think is my 7th all-nighter in the last 3 weeks and it is beyond my physical limit for now. I dont think I've ever done that many before, not ecen getting my bachelors degrees. It is getting unhealthy for me and my body is really suffering from it, weight gain, exhaustion, headaches in the morning that last all day, lack of focus, dizzyness, not focusing at all, staring off into space because I'm so tired....nonesense.

  I absolutely must decompress after this exam and take a full day off  just to relax myself.

Off to study again.

No comments:

Post a Comment