Wednesday, March 18, 2015

North Hawaii Community Hospital - Kamuela, HI | Yelp


 

Recommended Reviews

Your trust is our top concern, so businesses can't pay to alter or remove their reviews. Learn more.
  • 5.0 star rating
    11/30/2013

    We went to the emergency room twice while on vacation when my husband had severe abdominal pain.  He was admitted the second time and doctors ran numerous tests in order to find out what was actually wrong with him.  He did not have gallstones, but it was finally determined that his gallbladder had completely quit working.   He then had emergency gallbladder surgery.  All the doctors and nurses were very caring and compassionate.  My husband had excellent care.  Nurses even came to check on him when he wasn't their patient.  They definitely made a very difficult time away from the support of family and friends much more bearable.  We would not hesitate to go to this hospital again or to recommend it to friends.

  • 4.0 star rating
    4/21/2014
    1 check-in

    Ended up in ER on Easter after 11yr old daughter slipped on pool slide. We were the only people at the hospital, thus promptly greeted and seen. I'll tell you, only in Hawaii can the ER doctor show up wearing jeans, Hawaiian shirt, and sandals with socks! Daughter was assessed, X-rayed, and determined she had a broken arm. A financial worker took our health insurance information and a nurse checked us out. A sling, Tylenol with codeine to sleep, and good luck that it heals without a cast, and out we went. Everyone was friendly and thankfully our experience was a positive one. We'll continue to enjoy the rest of our vacation...one way or another.

  • 5.0 star rating
    8/10/2013

    Quiet night in emergency so I was attended to rather quickly - in and out in 1hr. I was on vacation and used my travel insurance.  The admin staffer coordinated with my insurance coverage provider and i had no issues with paperwork whatsoever.  Nurses and doctors were attentive and professional.

  • 5.0 star rating
    2/20/2013

    Showed up at 0200 with my son who had a temp of 103.
    We were seen by Dr Nicholsan very quickly, treated well, and were back at our hotel in less than an hour with additional medication because of holiday pharmacy closures.

  • 5.0 star rating
    1/4/2012

    I came to Hawaii for vacation and I was 5 months pregnant , I had some complications and went to North Hawaii Community Hospital , I was seen in the emergency room first , then they sent me to labor and delivery I had the most amazing nurse , she got me through a really hard time. She was comforting , caring and very helpful to my husband and I , It was very nice to have her compassion since I did not have my mother there with me. She was kind enough to give me a little baby blanket and little red heart to remember my son that was not able to come home with us. Thank you Diana Leaf you were my angel that day.

  • 4.0 star rating
    2/23/2009
    First to Review

    Came here after falling on Lava rock with a gushing wound - very bloody!

    I sat in the emergency waiting room for a while, but the staff was so sweet and kind to me!  They had a lot of emergencies that day, but everyone was great.  4 hours later, I had 3 stiches in my knee, and lots of pain medication in my tight little fist.  sweet!

    They made a painful experience not so bad.  They answered all my questions and were super great.  I highly recommend them for any emergency you may have in the area (ha!)

    Oh, one guy in the ER had to be airlifted to Honolulu because he dislocated his hip or something and they don't have an onsite Orthopedist on staff.  good to know.

  • 4.0 star rating
    2/20/2010

    We went here when our infant daughter was breathing too fast and coughing and they took good care of her. I asked to look at the x-ray (I am a board certified pediatrician) and the doctor wasn't threatened by that. I was please with the overall experience. There was a bit of a wait (not more than two hours) which isn't bad for an ER.

Page 1 of 1

What's This?

This user has arrived from Qype, a company acquired by Yelp in 2012. We have integrated the two sites to bring you one great local experience.

What's This?

This user has arrived from Restaurant-Kritik.de, a company acquired by Yelp in 2014. We have integrated the two sites to bring you one great local experience.

What's This?

This user has arrived from Cityvox, a company acquired by Yelp in 2014. We have integrated the two sites to bring you one great local experience.

Loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment