Saturday, January 4, 2014

UK/England Travel Nursing - Continental Travel Nursing

http://www.continentaltravelnurse.com/assignment-hotspots/



US Nurses Wishing to Work Overseas - page 9

by suzanne4
I am starting this thread as a sticky at the request of one of our members, for a place for those that wish to emigrate from the US to work as an RN. Please feel free to post your concerns and questions about working... Read More

  1. 0
    Quote from charmen20
    Hi,
    I am new to this site.I have been searching for some weeks now on nursing schools in Netherlands.I am currently a LPN in the state of Virginia but want to pursue my nursing degree in Netherlands.I will be taking up Dutch In January and then from there would like to attend nursing school.I am coming up empty handed on nursing schools there.I found a couple of universities that come up in the google search but when you go to the schools site I do not see anything for nursing.Please any help would be wonderful
    You are going to need to be fluent in Dutch before you will even get accepted to a program, you will be required to have a passing score on your language exam first. And please be aware that your tuition will be much higher as an international student.

    Best suggestion would be to contact their equivalent of the Board of Nursing and they will be able to give you a list of approved schools for the country.
  2. 0
    Hi Suzzane,
    I am a CRNA here in the USA. Is there any other country in the world that allows nurses to provide anesthetics like CRNA's in USA?
  3. 0
    My husband is serving in the Air Force and we spent over 7 years in Europe. I would recommend working through the US government. Search on www.usajobs.com One of the largest government medical facilities is Landsthul, Germany. It is an Army Post and it is where most of the critically injured from war are sent to. We spent over 3 years in this area and it is beautiful. So much to see and do. It is just a few miles from Ramstein Air Base and Kaiserslautern Air Base. Ramstein Air Base is huge and will have everything that you need (support too).

    Charmen20
    We also spent over 4 years in the Netherlands and it is a beautiful country as well. The Dutch speak great English and they are very friendly. My husband worked on a Dutch base, so we did not have very much support. There was a small U.S. medical facility called Geilenkirchen and a small Army Post called Schinnen. We lived in Son en Breugel which was about an hour from these US facilities. The military facilities in the Netherlands were A LOT smaller than Ramstein, Germany.

    Good luck!!
    Last edit by angel75 on Jun 7, '07
  4. 0
    L&D nurse living in Geilenkirchen, Germany on the border of the Netherlands and Belgium. My husband is stationed here with the Air Force.

    Is there any opportunity for US BSN RNs here that I may have overlooked? There is not a US hospital here at either GK or Schinnen, and there are no L&D positions available at Landsuhl currently. There are also no military/DoD positions currently available. I know I have to know the Dutch or German language to work in the hospitals here, but would it be the same if I worked for a midwife in the Netherlands, where everyone also speaks English? I read about US Embassys hiring - anyone know about information on that? Where to look? Any other possibilites? I am desparate to find work and have had no luck so far! Am currently thinking of traveling back to the States, like NYC, for travel stints, but since living in Europe is such a fantastic opportunity, my preference would be to find something here.

    Thanks so much!
  5. 0
    Do you recommend any companies that could help me secure a travel assignment as an rn in the UK? about 6 months of work? thanks!
  6. 0
    Quote from jensfbay
    Do you recommend any companies that could help me secure a travel assignment as an rn in the UK? about 6 months of work? thanks!
    I am going through continental travel nurses. The website is:

    http://continentaltravelnurse.com/

    Hope that helps!
  7. 0
    currently things are a bit bad for jobs for nurses in the UK and more and more trusts are using less agencies. Plus if outside the EU a lot harder to get work permit
  8. 0
    My dear future colleagues,
    I am a first-year nursing student in the U.S. (a citizen) that intends to graduate with a B.S.N., and I want to work in France when I am finished. I am fluent in French, and have a strong EMS background, currently working as an ER Tech at the largest ER in the Bay area. I have read the information that you have shared about the hoops that must be jumped through by the American nurse wanting to work in the European Union, and I realize that it won't be quite as easy as I thought. Nonetheless, although I know it's very early in the game for me, I was wondering if anyone had any advice or suggestions that could help me to start getting my ducks in a row. I know that there's probably not a whole lot to do at this point other than to try to survive school with a full head of hair, but anything you can come up with would be most welcomed and appreciated.
    Thanks--ailed131
  9. 0
    Quote from ailed131
    My dear future colleagues,
    I am a first-year nursing student in the U.S. (a citizen) that intends to graduate with a B.S.N., and I want to work in France when I am finished. I am fluent in French, and have a strong EMS background, currently working as an ER Tech at the largest ER in the Bay area. I have read the information that you have shared about the hoops that must be jumped through by the American nurse wanting to work in the European Union, and I realize that it won't be quite as easy as I thought. Nonetheless, although I know it's very early in the game for me, I was wondering if anyone had any advice or suggestions that could help me to start getting my ducks in a row. I know that there's probably not a whole lot to do at this point other than to try to survive school with a full head of hair, but anything you can come up with would be most welcomed and appreciated.
    Thanks--ailed131


    If you use the search facility near the top of the forum and add France you should get a couple of threads on working in France and in there there is the information you need to work there

    Good luck
  10. 0
    Quote from suzanne4
    I am starting this thread as a sticky at the request of one of our members, for a place for those that wish to emigrate from the US to work as an RN.

    Please feel free to post your concerns and questions about working overseas here.
    Are jobs overseas only availble to RN? Can lvn do this also? And how much experience is needed and in what?

No comments:

Post a Comment