Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My father in the ER

My family got a real scare when my dad drove himself to the local hospital ER complaining of severe chest pains. In his pain filled state of mind, he immediately drove himself early in the morning to the ER even though 3 other people were at the house around him and available for an emergency.
  This was a really stupid move for him or anyone in that people are known to have secondary heart attacks on the way to a hospital, crash their cars and die on the side of the road. This was a really stupid move on his part......mind you he has 4 college degrees. Knowledge of facts does not automatically make you wise.
  Our entire family gave him a stiff "talking to" about safety and his own welfare while he we had his captive attention in his hospital bed.
   Turns out later that he was ok,but still scared the craps out of our family with his behavior. Duh!
  I gave my parents the grand tour of the ER since I worked there....small world.

No comments:

Post a Comment