Sunday, July 17, 2011

Working in the ER- Emergency Room

I recommend everyone who is serious about medicine: nursing and medical students alike, to volunteer in the EMERGENCY ROOM. Proper work hard and have fun. It is never boring and docs/nurses are really on top of their game, sharp, no nonesense people. They hump and work hard and fast. Everyone helps out too even if they don't like each other. The ER is a completely different culture than the rest of the hospital. Teamwork is super key and you cam feel the support from everyone there. Few people are slackers, unlike other depts in the hospital. It is busy and fun and I personally learn a ton there. I volunteer on a busy Friday night on purpose to get in on the big rush. It is always busy and I force myself to learn 2-3 new things everyday I go in which I write down and keep in a binder. Never stand around or lean on counters...people notice. Look busy and treat it as a real job, like the professional you are going to become. Hospitals will hire you as paid staff if you are a volunteer that humps his/her butt and works their tail off.

No comments:

Post a Comment