Saturday, February 18, 2012

Gold Standard MCAT text for Pre-Meds

Good MCAT prep book for Pre-Meds:

http://www.mcat-bookstore.com/

http://www.amazon.com/Gold-Standard-MCAT-Brett-Ferdinand/dp/0973080639



By 
Nathalie (Boston, MA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gold Standard MCAT (Paperback)
I don't understand how people can write a review on mcat books if they haven't even written the mcat. I wrote the april 2005 test and here is the result: PS 13 - VR 14 - WS T - BS 12; overall 39T.

Here is my review of The Gold Standard: excellent science teaching/review, only pertinent information, below average verbal section (simply not in depth enough), very good writing sample advice/review, three very realistic challenging practice exams. I would have given the book 4 and 1/2 stars but it wasn't a choice.

How does it compare to the others? Kaplan and Princeton also have excellent science review books but they only have one full length practice exam. You can't go wrong with Examkrackers but they are long so I stuck to their Audio Osmosis CDs which were very helpful. I supplemented this with the mcat science videos from mcat-prep.

And finally, of course, I wrote all the aamc past tests and I went over them with a fine tooth comb. All I can say is I'm glad it's over and I hope that you kick some mcat butt too!
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No

17 of 19 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars Well DoneJune 29, 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: The Gold Standard MCAT (Paperback)
I used the GS, AudioOsmosis and the video CD's by mcat-prep.com and got a 36S on April's MCAT. This book was clear and complete. I wish that the Verbal Reasoning section had longer explanations but the science was very well covered. I used the paper exams in the book (you get free online exams but I did not try them).

No comments:

Post a Comment